Straight Vertical Blinds
Straight Vertical blinds are the easiest and simplest style of vertical blind. One simply moves the wand left or right to the desired position.
Rotating the louvres is a simple as twisting the wand one way or the other to open or close the louvres. This system is especially good for bay windows where individual tracks are required. When using a wand control system you won’t have any cords hanging down at each side of the blind.
If you prefer a curved track for your bay window, then please check out our curved track vertical blind page.
We can still offer corded straight vertical blinds. Wherever we use cords and chain we install a child safety device to the blind to ensure the product is safe for children.
Child Safety Features
We can make Vertical blinds child safe in a number of ways:
- The simplest way is to order your blind with a wand control. The wand control eliminates the need for any cords at all.
- We can install a Child Safety Device which fixes the looped cords to the wall or window frame.
- Order an electric blind track with remote control, which eliminates all cords.
One Touch® Motorisation Options
Suitable Areas for Use
- Bay Windows – can be curved around the bay or we can make one blind for each section of the bay
- Conservatory – usually projected forward on special brackets to clear the window handles.
- Kitchen – please consider that you will lose your window sill space.
- Bathroom – waterproof fabrics are available.
- Dining Room
- Utility Rooms
- Loft / Dormer Windows
- Sliding Patio Doors
- French Doors
- Outward Opening Doors