Made to Measure Roman Blinds
Made to measure Roman blinds can take a room design to a whole new level. They combine every day style with elegant living that is both practical and fashionable. Roman blinds not only look stunning but also operate seamlessly. When are you after a relaxed or more formal effect, a Roman blind will rise to the challenge.
A Roman blind is actually more of a curtain, because it is made from soft, un-stiffened materials. Good quality made to measure roman blinds are lined with another soft cloth to give depth and weight to the product, and most can be lined with a blackout fabric to provide a dim-out effect in the room.
With the controls located at the back, these blinds draw up in the soft horizontal plates from the window. It’s a great way to create a bold statement for any room.
Made to measure Roman blinds have changed a lot over the years and the quality of the finish is now very impressive. The control system of the manual blind has moved away from cords to a chain drive system. The operation is much like a roller blind.
Manufacturers have been successful in creating a roman blind mechanism that features a geared chain drive (much like a roller blind). This control system makes raising and lowering the blind simple and without any strain.
Of course, adding a motor to your roman blind is the simplest and safest way to control the blind, because it removes the need to touch the blinds at all.
Why choose made to measure Roman blinds?
- They give total privacy when fitted to standard recess windows
- The standard ecru lining gives excellent glare reduction
- Use a blackout lining to give an 80% blackout
- Gives a soft curtain feel, but has a slick operation mechanism for easy operation
- Most fabrics can either be dry cleaned or machine washed
One Touch® Motorisation Options
Child Safety Features
Chain control made to measure roman blinds can be made child safe in two ways:
- Use a side chain mechanism and attach the bottom of the looped chain to the wall
- For bay windows, we fit a child safety device on each section of the window
- Anti-looping devices are attached to the back of each drive cord (on the back of the blind) to stop the possibility of a loop forming. The small device will ‘break-away’ from the back of the blind under pressure, and can be clipped back to the blind in the event of a false alarm.
- Order your For bay windows, we fit a cord cleat on each section of the window roman blinds with an electric motor installed, eliminating the need for any looped chains at all (recommended)
Suitable Areas of Use
- Bay Windows
- Bathroom – not ideal in moist areas though.
- Dining Room
- Utility Rooms
- Loft / Dormer Windows
- French Doors
- Outward Opening Doors